Hands-On Learning at LSC After Dark
LSC After Dark, the monthly event series at Liberty Science Center for guests 21 and over, isn't just a party. You can drink, dance, and dine on delicious food, but you can also engage in experiments, lectures, workshops, exhibitions, and more.
- Meeting fascinating creatures from our animal collection, such as naked mole rats, leaf-cutter ants, snakes, and more. Often, our team will bring the animals out so guests can meet them in-person and learn more about their behaviors.
- Performing experiments throughout the building. Recent examples include a "Slime Lab," where guests made samples of oobleck slime and took it home with them, and a "Fermentation Lab," where guests learned to create their own booze like in the days of Prohibition.
- Discovering the secrets of our galaxy. At every LSC After Dark event, you can see a show in the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater, the largest and most technologically advanced planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. LSC is a nonprofit organization, and when you make an additional $5 donation to support our programs for 91,000 students from at-risk communities, we’ll thank you with a ticket to an exhilarating new show. (Please make your donation in person at the event.)
- Experiencing cutting-edge technology. Examples include 3D printers, vacuformers and more tools in LSC's MakerLab, virtual reality headsets, drones, and first-person view goggles.
- Exploring the exhibits in the Science Center, including Touch Tunnel, Infinity Climber, Our Hudson Home, Communication, Infection Connection, and more.
LSC After Dark events are every third Thursday at the Science Center. Join us for the next one! Click here to buy tickets and get all the details.