Liberty Science Center is an ADA-compliant museum. When planning a visit with a differently abled guest or group, please let us know if you will need additional accommodations.
Induction loop systems that transmit sound directly to guests with T-coil compatible hearing aids and cochlear implants. FM systems are provided. Guests with T-coil on their hearing aids or implants can request a neck loop. Those without hearing aids, implants, or T-coils may request headphones. Device quantities are limited, so please check availability in advance.Areas with induction loops include:
• The Information Desk, Membership Desk, and Box Office, where guests may tune in their T-coil-compatible devices directly, without additional equipment.
• Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater
• Joseph D. Williams 3D Science Theater
• The Weston Family Lab for Earth and Space Exploration
• The Weston Family Art and Science Pavilion
• Live Science demonstration areas throughout the building
• Center for Learning and Teaching (Interactive Theater, Forum, and Labs)
Closed Captioning devices are available for most films in the 3D Science Theater (top row, center; up to three guests). For more information about which shows offer Closed Captioning devices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 201.200.1000.
Exhibit captioning is available on screen for all exhibition media installations featuring audio and video. Exhibits with audio but no video are accompanied by printed interpretive information.
• Wheelchairs (request at the Welcome Desk; first come, first served)
• Drop-off circle near the entrance (enter from Phillip Street)
• Two large elevators access each floor. A third elevator serves the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater.
• A level entrance and interior space
• Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and public areas
Bathrooms are available on each floor. All of our bathrooms have changing tables.
A nursing room for breastfeeding mothers is on the second floor.
Small personal items and outerwear may be stored for a nominal fee, payable with cash or a credit card. Lockers are located to the right of the Box Office.
Located just blocks from the Jersey City Medical Center, LSC also has a basic first aid room and a trained first-response team. Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the building.
Click here to see a floor map of the building.
• Registered service dogs are welcome at Liberty Science Center.
• Inquire about Special Needs Days, when LSC offers events and programs developed especially for differently abled guests.
• For group visits, call 201.253.1310 for discounts and special group arrangements.