Liberty Science Center is open! Our regular hours are Thursdays and Fridays from 10 am – 4 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 5 pm. Click here to learn more about our safety protocols and get tickets now.
Current COVID-19 Safety Protocols at LSC
We have made big changes...
… and we need your help to keep everyone safe
Learn more about our safety measures and rules before you visit: lsc.org/covid19
Induction loop systems that transmit sound directly to guests with T-coil compatible hearing aids and cochlear implants. FM systems are provided. Guests with T-coil on their hearing aids or implants can request a neck loop. Those without hearing aids, implants, or T-coils may request headphones. Device quantities are limited, so please check availability in advance.Areas with induction loops include:
• The Information Desk, Membership Desk, and Box Office, where guests may tune in their T-coil-compatible devices directly, without additional equipment.
• Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater
• Joseph D. Williams 3D Science Theater
• The Weston Family Lab for Earth and Space Exploration
• The Weston Family Art and Science Pavilion
• Live Science demonstration areas throughout the building
• Center for Learning and Teaching (Interactive Theater, Forum, and Labs)
Closed Captioning devices are available for films in the 3D Science Theater (top row, center; up to three guests).
Exhibit captioning is available on screen for all exhibition media installations featuring audio and video. Exhibits with audio but no video are accompanied by printed interpretive information.
• Wheelchairs (request at the Welcome Desk; first come, first served)
• Drop-off circle near the entrance (enter from Phillip Street)
• Two large elevators access each floor. A third elevator serves the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater.
• A level entrance and interior space
• Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and public areas
Bathrooms are available on each floor. All of our bathrooms have changing tables.
A nursing room for breastfeeding mothers is on the second floor.
Located just blocks from the Jersey City Medical Center, LSC also has a basic first aid room and a trained first-response team. Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the building.
Click here to see a floor map of the building.
• Registered service dogs are welcome at Liberty Science Center.
• Inquire about Special Needs Days, when LSC offers events and programs developed especially for differently abled guests.
• For group visits, call 201.253.1310 for discounts and special group arrangements.