Liberty Science Center is an ADA-compliant museum. When planning a visit with a differently abled guest or group, please let us know if you will need additional accommodations.
Induction loop systems that transmit sound directly to guests with T-coil compatible hearing aids and cochlear implants. FM systems are provided. Guests with T-coil on their hearing aids or implants can request a neck loop. Those without hearing aids, implants, or T-coils may request headphones. Device quantities are limited, so please check availability in advance.Areas with induction loops include:
• The Welcome Desk, Membership Desk, and Box Office, where guests may tune in their T-coil-compatible devices directly, without additional equipment.
• Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater
• Joseph D. Williams 3D Science Theater
• Live Science demonstration areas throughout the building
• Center for Learning and Teaching (Interactive Theater, Forum, and Labs)
Closed Captioning devices are available for films in the 3D Science Theater (top row, center; up to three guests).
Exhibit Captioning is available on screen for all exhibition media installations featuring audio and video. Exhibits with audio but no video are accompanied by printed interpretive information.
• Wheelchairs (request at the Welcome Desk; first come, first served)
• Drop-off circle near the entrance (enter from Phillip Street)
• Two large elevators access each floor. A third elevator serves the Jennifer Chalsty Planetarium and LSC Giant Dome Theater.
• A level entrance and interior space
• Wheelchair-accessible restrooms and public areas
• Registered service dogs are welcome at Liberty Science Center.
• Inquire about Special Needs Days, when LSC offers events and programs developed especially for differently abled guests.
• Download our Sensory Map to view areas in the Science Center that have bright lights, loud noises, strong smells, and more points to help plan your visit.
• Download our Social Narrative to learn about different experiences and environments at the Science Center.
• For group visits, call 201.253.1310 for discounts and special group arrangements.
Traditional restrooms and family bathrooms with changing tables are available on each floor. A nursing room for breastfeeding mothers is on the second floor (request a key at the Welcome Desk).
Located just blocks from the Jersey City Medical Center, LSC also has a basic first aid room and a trained first-response team. Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are located throughout the building.
Small personal items and outerwear may be stored for a nominal fee. There is a $25 fee for lost keys. Lockers are located to the right of the Box Office.